Monday, June 20, 2011

Lots of new finds again this weekend!

I love summer! Yard sales galore, free stuff in peoples front yards, estate sales....I could go on and on! I have found so many great things I'm bursting at the seams! No time to even paint but I will find time for that as most of my finds are project pieces.


This is an old Amoco oil display shelf thats pretty rough but I plan to clean it as best as I can then put some clear sealer on it. Its cool rusty metal.

This great old red workbench is in great shape and the top is cool too. There are nails, screws and other implements that have been pounded into the top, it adds to its rustic industrial look. It would make a great table.
This is an old metal medical cabinet that I found at a yard sale. It needs to be sanded and repainted since whoever painted it had globs of paint dripping all over the place. Thats why we get these pieces so cheap!


This is a really awesome shelf {?} made from old crates. It could be a bar, store display or counter. I have to paint it, can't stand the horrible dark green on the top! I recently picked up a boatload of these crates from a client's basement. Most are attached to make wall cubbies? Anyway some have old labels on them so I'll try to get them apart and keep some as shelves and cubbies.
I scored 2 of these awesome little red folding chairs from a yard sale. The lady told me that someone had bought them but forgot to take them so I left her my card in case the person didn't come back, well I got a call that night that I could pick them up in the morning! Yeah!

Here's one big stack of the crate-cubbies. They'd make a great store display!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    Great finds. I really like the Amoco piece. Thanks for visiting and becoming a follower. Following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Love your blog!! I'm your newest follower...Oddly enough I found you from a comment you left at "Miss Mustard Seed"...Being a farm girl you had me at your "Vintage Barn" name. :)
    Have an awesome day!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some great things. i love the red chair. have fun making them gorgeous again.

    ReplyDelete